entr
entr

Diagnostics

Facts

 
  • Duration: 2 Days
  • Number of Participants: Max. 16 Persons
  • Location: Online
  • Prerequisites: Knowledge about software development for automotive systems
  • Language: English
  • Price: 700 € + VAT

For the registration please send an e-mail: info@autonomtech.eu

Target Group

  • Software Engineers
  • Software Architects
  • Project Leaders
  • Business Managers

On-Board or Off-Board Diagnostics

First of all, in this training, Diagnostics, you are going to learn the key differences between On-Board and Off-Board Diagnostics. What should we understand from both terms? By which mean and purpose do we need both applications? Self-Diagnosis of each ECU, reaction of the system, elimination of errors, diagnostic testing, documentation of diagnostics (ODX), implementing diagnostic services and of course diagnostic communication protocol: UDS (Unified Diagnostic Services).

ISO 14229-1:2013 specifies data link independent requirements of diagnostic services, which allow a diagnostic tester (client) to control diagnostic functions in an on-vehicle Electronic Control Unit (ECU, server) such as an electronic fuel injection, automatic gear box, anti-lock braking system, etc. connected to a serial data link embedded in a road vehicle.

It specifies generic services, which allow the diagnostic tester (client) to stop or to resume non-diagnostic message transmission on the data link.

Road vehicles – Unified diagnostic services (UDS)

Electronic communication has played such a significance that electronic comprises of 70 percent of systems in vehicles. The remaining 30 percent is mechanical components.

Diagnostics – Content

  • Overview: Diagnostics
  • Standard Definitions (i.e. DTC – Diagnostic Trouble Code)
  • On-Board versus Off-Board Diagnostics
  • A Communication Protocol for Diagnostic Testing: UDS (Unified Diagnostics Services)
  • Transport protocols: CAN vs Flexray
  • Implementation of Diagnostic Services
  • Benefits of ODX Exchange: A special standardized description file that supplies all needed diagnostic information and enables to exchange information between OEMs and Suppliers
  • Development and Diagnostic Testing with an or more ECU(s)
  • Examples
  • AUTOSAR and Diagnostic-specific BSWs (Basic Software):
    • DCM: Diagnostic Communication Manager
    • DEM: Diagnostic Event Manager
    • FIM: Function Inhibition Manager
  • On-Board Diagnostic II Certification and Documentation